The State of Indiana has enacted an AED law that requires health clubs to provide an AED on site for use during an emergency. The Indiana Health Club AED Law states the following:
"Sec. 5. An owner or operator of a health club shall do the following:
(1) Ensure that a defibrillator is located on the health club premises and is easily accessible to the health club staff, members, and guests.
(2) Employ at least one (1) individual who: (A) has satisfactorily completed a course approved by the American Red Cross or the American Heart Association; and (B) is currently certified; in cardiopulmonary resuscitation and defibrillator use.
(3) Reasonably ensure that at least one (1) individual described under subdivision (2) is on the health club premises when staff is present at the health club during the health club's business hours.
(4) A health club that is not staffed must have the following on the premises: (A) A telephone for 911 telephone call access. (B) A sign in plain view containing an advisory warning that indicates that members of the unstaffed health spa should be aware that working out alone may pose risks to the health spa member's health and safety. (C) A sign in plain view providing instruction in the use of the automated external defibrillator and in cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
(5) Ensure compliance with the requirements set forth in IC 16-31-6.5.
(6) Post a sign at each entrance to the health club that indicates the location of each defibrillator."
The State of Indiana requires a health club to have an AED on the premises so that staff and patrons can access the AED. At least one staff memeber must be trained in CPR and AED use and the trained staff member in on the premises during business hours. The Health Club must post signage about the AED being present and have a phone available to contact 9-1-1 if need be.
To view the Indiana Health Club AED Law, CLICK HERE.
Our goal at AED-SHOP.com is to educate the public about Sudden Cardiac Arrest and how AEDs increase the survival rate. In need of an AED for your organization, CPR training for your staff, or AED replacement accessories? Contact us today with your questions or concerns at 877-251-7467 or email@example.com.