An easy-to-use, compact, lightweight defibrillator/monitor with manual and AED capabilities for ALS and BLS clinicians
The Philips HeartStart XL Defibrillator/Monitor is designed to meet a wide variety of defibrillation and monitoring needs in one lightweight, easy-to-use device.
At just under 14 lbs., the HeartStart XL is easily transported throughout the hospital to the site where cardiac care is needed. A combination manual device with automated external defibrillator capabilities, HeartStart XL enables the first caregiver on the scene, whether an ALS or BLS clinician, to deliver potentially lifesaving defibrillation therapy.
In AED mode, voice prompts and text messages guide BLS users through the defibrillation process, while the HeartStart XL continuously monitors and displays the patient's ECG.
Upon the arrival of ALS personnel, HeartStart XL is easily switched from AED to manual mode, allowing operators to access the unit's advanced therapeutic features such as selectable energy (from 2 to 200 Joules), non-invasive pacing (optional), SpO2 (optional) and synchronized cardioversion.
Charges to highest energy level, 200 Joules, in less than 3.5 seconds.
SMART Biphasic technology:
Philips pioneered biphasic therapy in external defibrillators and today biphasic is the standard of care. While all manufacturers have followed our lead, they employ distinctive approaches. Philips uses a combination of high current to maximize effectiveness and lower energy doses to minimize side effects that are harmful to a fragile heart. Philips biphasic therapy has been rigorously studied and is backed by a substantial body of peer-reviewed, published data. It has been clinically proven to deliver high first shock efficacy for long downtime sudden cardiac arrest (SCA) patients, and effectively defibrillate across the full spectrum of patients.
Real-time impedance compensation:
Philips success across a broad patient population is due in part to its real-time impedance compensation technology, which automatically measures the patient’s chest impedance and optimizes the waveform for every shock. Patients receive personalized therapy for the best chance of a positive outcome.1-16
Philips' SMART Biphasic waveform has undergone clinical testing, demonstrating its effectiveness for cardioversion of atrial fibrillation. 15,16,17
Easy to use:
- 1-2-3 operation—True 1-2-3 operation makes defibrillation intuitive for all users.
- AED mode—Voice and text prompts guide users through the defibrillation process. 150 Joules non-escalating, pre-set energy level.
- Paddles (optional)—Anterior/anterior adult paddles convert to pediatric by removing the outer contacts.
- Multi-function defibrillator pads—Adult and pediatric pads for defibrillation, ECG monitoring, pacing and synchronized cardioversion.
- Sterilizable internal paddles—Switch and switchless internal paddles are designed for open-chest defibrillation in the operating room.
Lightweight, compact, durable:
- Grab and go—Less than 14 pounds (6.35kg).
- Compact—Easily fits on a standard hospital stretcher.
- Rugged—Withstands the rigors of hospital use and patient transport.
Call for special pricing, 877-731-7467.